Mechita is a fingering-weight version of Malabrigo's beautifully dyed single-ply superwash Mecha yarn. Just as soft and rich as the original, but great for lighter projects such as shawls, scarves, garments, accessories, baby and kids items. Mechita is also a fantastic choice for lace, cables, and textured stitches.
Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. Some skeins may vary one from the other even within the same bag. To ensure random color distribution, work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball.
- Weight: Fingering
- Texture: singles
- Yardage/Meters: 420 yards (384 meters)
- Skein weight: 100 grams (3.53 ounces)
- Gauge: 26.0 to 30.0 sts = 4 inches
- Recommended needle size: US 1 - 2 or 2.25 - 2.75mm
- Content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool.
- Cares: Machine washable, gente cycle, cold water, do not tumble
Share this Product
Thanks for the excellent assistance with matching this yarn up for me. Haven't started my project yet, will keep you posted.